Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Any personal information collected from you will be used for recruitment purposes only.
Examples of the types of information we may collect and process from you are:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your qualifications, education and work experience
- Any other information you include in your CV, Covering Letter, Portfolio or application which we feel may be relevant as part of your application.
We do not encourage you to send us recommendations or references at the application stage.
If your application has been submitted via a recruitment agency, we may collect your personal details, details of your application and details of your experience and qualifications from the recruitment agency you applied via.
You are required to provide this personal data to us as it is necessary for us to explore potentially entering into a contract with you. If you fail to provide it we may be unable to process your application and, if appropriate, offer you employment.
Why we use your personal information
We process your data on the basis of consent and because we have a legitimate interest in collecting your personal information for recruitment purposes and only use the information collected from your CV or application to access your suitability for the role, to keep you updated about the recruitment process.
Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Disclosure of your personal information
Within Sheppard Robson your data will be shared with members of the Human Resources team, Partners and members of staff directly involved in the hiring process.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a legal process or regulatory obligation.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- Where we have your prior consent to do so.
If you apply through an advert on a jobs board or similar, please be aware that your data is originally submitted to these third-part websites, who then provide it to us. While we strive to work with jobs boards that are GDPR compliant, we are not able to guarantee their compliance; always read their privacy notice before submitting your data. If you are unsure, apply directly by emailing email@example.com.
Where we store your personal information
All information we have collected from you will be stored on our secure protected in-house management information system with restricted access.
We will do our best to protect your personal information, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us via email; any transmission is at your own risk.
If your application is unsuccessful, your data will be stored for six months, and then destroyed. We retain this information to analyse hiring processes and to ensure we are meeting legal obligations surrounding recruitment and discrimination.
If you have sent an application in error, or decide that you would like to withdraw your data please let us know immediately, after which we will delete your data in line with GDPR regulations.
Where you are applying for a position at Sheppard Robson, you have a right to:
- be informed about your data (as set out in this Recruitment Privacy Notice);
- ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you (if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we may make a small charge);
- request that any inaccuracies or incomplete personal data of yours is corrected or completed;
- request that the processing of your personal data be restricted or erased in certain circumstances, for example, where the data is no longer necessary to meet its purpose;
- object to processing in certain circumstances, for example where this is based on legitimate interests or involves direct marketing;
- receive personal data that you have provided in a structured, commonly used format and to have this transmitted without hindrance where the data is processed on the basis of consent or performance of a contract;
- complain to the UK data protection regulatory, the ICO.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Sheppard Robson aims to ensure that personal information held about you is accurate and up to date, that it is held securely and only for so long as is necessary for the purpose it was collected and to allow us to comply with legal requirements. In assessing retention periods for your data Sheppard Robson has considered the purposes of the processing together with any legal requirements and statutory limitation periods.
Please contact email@example.com if there are any changes in your personal circumstances which could cause the personal information held by us to be inaccurate.